Friday, May 11, 2012

Mango Salad


I have a delicious summer salad recipe to share with you today.  I made this for my daughter's recent birthday party and it was fabulous.  


 The majority of the salad can be made beforehand.  You simply mix in the lettuce once you are ready to serve. Talk about a perfect make-ahead recipe! 

The recipe called for chilling for 2 hours, but I tossed together the ingredients with lettuce the following day and it still tasted just as fabulous.


This would be even more delicious with fresh garden veggies... (smile)

Enjoy!

Mango Salad
Recipe adapted from Southern Living

Ingredients
  • 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups halved and sliced cucumber 
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels 
  • 1/2 cup diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • Fresh Lime Vinaigrette
  • 4 cups spring mix lettuce
Preparation

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours.  Toss with lettuce just before serving.

Fresh Lime Vinaigrette

Whisk together 1/4 cup rice vinegar; 2 Tbsp. sugar; 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice; 1 garlic clove, minced; 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper.  Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup oil until smooth.   

8 comments:

  1. This looks really good and although I'm not crazy about Mango's, I was thinking I could use chopped zucchini instead. Besides, we're going to have lots of it in our garden soon. Thanks.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds yummy!
    I love mangos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious!

    I just made our first caprese (sp?) salad of the season. I had to buy a tomato because ours aren't growing yet. I had fresh mozzarella cheese that I had just bought from a co-op I buy cheese from, and used basil that we have growing in a galvanized tub out on my deck. It was sooo good.

    Hope you had a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delish! I wanted to eat my computer screen. Granted that may be because all I ate for supper was a Popeye's biscuit. This looks so refreshing. I am definitely putting this on my menu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy!
    I gotta show this to the hubby!(He's the cook, not me)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really great. I love a salad with something sweet in it. First discovered that joy at Ikea of all places! I sometimes use strawberries or cantaloupe or tangerines in a green salad. Looking forward to trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds super yummy,I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I am new here and am so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Such a beautiful family have. I love your salad ideas. They really look delicious and I am always in need of a good salad idea.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign