Friday, August 2, 2013

Kiwi Crate - Fun Summer Projects


 When Kiwi Crate contacted me recently about sampling one of their crates with my girls, I was intrigued.  I felt like I had heard of them before and after visiting their website, I knew why... they've been featured in numerous magazines, Good Morning America, The Today Show and were even named one of Dr. Toy's Best Children's Products for 2012.  

Kiwi Crate designs crates that are filled with material and inspiration for hands-on projects.  The crates are sent via mail and include 2-3 projects depending on the theme.  Single crates can be purchased but you can also sign up for their monthly subscription service.  

Kiwi Crate sent me their Wonders of Water crate from their Summer Discovery Series, which included materials for three projects.  The crate itself was a lot of fun to open... it was so impressively packaged with everything organized and full of bright colors.  When Jillian discovered it had arrived she was begging me to get started, as I'm sure you can imagine!


 The first project we worked on was Watercolor Animals and this was probably their favorite.  Each project includes a little booklet that lists what you will need (almost all of the supplies are included in the crate and the things that aren't are common household items). 


 Although the projects are targeted for children ages 3-7, Rosetta (who just turned 2) also enjoyed this one.  They created sea creature art by coloring animals and using a spray bottle filled with water. 


 After the animals dried, little eyes were added.  Even Rosetta's circles created a fun tie-dye effect.  


 We created a fun summer garland to hang on the mantel with the animals they colored too (smile).


 The second project Jillian worked on almost completely by herself.  One thing I love about the little booklets explaining each project is that they include detailed instructions and pictures.  It was easy enough to follow that Jillian didn't have any trouble figuring it out. 


 She created a floating sailboat and had a blast decorating her sails with fun paint. 


We even had to take them to the pond on my parents' farm to test them out!  


 The last project was a couple water experiments.  We explored things like surface tension and buoyancy out on the front porch and while Jillian worked with the clay, I read some of the fun facts they included about water. 


 I was confident before I agreed to reviewing the product that we were going to enjoy it... what I didn't expect was to be so impressed that I would end up subscribing for their monthly crates!

I so often fail at putting together projects for my girls because I simply run out of time... not only were these projects creative and educational, but the supplies sent were high quality, the booklets were amazing and it was so convenient. The crate they sent included plenty of material for both girls and there was even enough leftover in some cases to work on the projects again at another time. Not only did both girls love the crate, but honestly, I had a great time as well!  

Hope you have a great weekend!

Disclosure: I was compensated and received product to sample; however, all opinions are my own and it was a pleasure to review and share such a great product.

7 comments:

  1. I have seen this item before too and they do look fantastic! Really high quality for parents interested in their children's education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the company but I am very impressed with their products. My grands would love that! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! To have everything you need arrive in one box already for use. No scurrying around to scrape up odds and ends to proceed. Great for Mom and the little ones also.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! My girls would love this I think! Might have to add that to our list of school needs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cool. Your girls look like they loved it! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'll have to check them out. My two boys would love those activities!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the girls had so much fun with the kit...they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign